- Strength in Study: A History of the College of Family Physicians.
- Paging Doctors: Messages from a Medical Journalist.
- The Future of the Managed Care Industry (The Economist Intelligence Unit, 1998).
- Communication for Doctors: How to Improve Patient Safety and Minimize Legal Risks (Radcliffe Publishing, Oxford, UK, 2004).
- Several hundred features, news stories, editorials, reviews, and interviews on healthcare topics.
- More than 100 items cited in Index Medicus/MEDLINE (see under Woods, D.).
- View a list of selected published works
A Sampling of Speeches and Articles
What they’ve said...
"Paging Doctors is a delight, one I will keep handy. Your short essays are meaty, full of good sense and good humor, and brilliantly written. It pleases me more than I can say."
--Norman Cousins: Author of Anatomy of an Illness and longtime editor of Saturday Review
"May I thank you most warmly for your presentation of the interview held in Kitty's and my cottage. I'm used over the years to being distorted and abused; you've stuck steadily to what I said in answer to your questions, and I'm duly grateful."
-- Malcolm Muggeridge: the late author, journalist, polemicist, and TV personality
"I enjoyed seeing your journal, and I appreciate very much your patience and industry in touching on so many points involving me and National Review."
-- William F. Buckley, Jr.